Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First time traveller

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Erik RivieraTravel

09 Sep 2019, 13:33  

Dear Alan,

I totally understand your preference for travelling in January. Unfortunately given that it's winter in Europe most of our January departures are long haul and therefore it would be a stretch to describe them as short breaks (although it is all subjective I suppose). Hopefully as we grow and increase the number of tours on our books we'll be able to offer more January departures to nearer destinations.

With regards to the tours you mentioned I do know that there have been quite a few posts over the last few months with feedback about our Marrakesh tour (the search tab can be found by clicking the "quick links" icon at the top left of the page). You might also be able to find some info on our Berlin tour as well (my mother went last year and liked it), though you won't find anyone who's been on our Bologna tour as our first one ever doesn't depart until this October.

Alan

10 Sep 2019, 15:21  

I'll tell you what It's like, Erik, as I've booked on the trip commencing 20th October...

Erik RivieraTravel

10 Sep 2019, 15:24  

Ha ha, I'm glad to hear it. I hope you have a great time out there and am ever so slightly jealous (the office didn't think it necessary to send me out to taste test the various visits before setting up the tour).

Janice

11 Sep 2019, 16:21  

Hi Jane and Hazel,

I'm looking forward to meeting you both in Arezzo - flying from Manchester.

It's my first time on this type of holiday - quite excited actually!

Janice

•   Information