Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Talk to us!

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

theologian

21 Mar 2018, 14:58  

Thanks Erik. It looks like I would fit right in. Now all I have to do is find a holiday I like the look of and has dates which work for me.

Phil.

Erik RivieraTravel

21 Mar 2018, 15:10  

Well I do hope that we do have something that suits your tastes and needs. Please also note that we're working hard on expanding our offering, so there should be a good few more tours to choose from next year as well.

Erik.

JaneC

02 Jun 2018, 17:46  

Hi, I've just received my Ryanair boarding pass and other Riviera travel info for Lake Garda Solos, June 15. Would you please clarify the following:
(1) The Cabin Bag Policy printed on the boarding pass suggests that if you're carrying a small ladies handbag, then that is the ONLY item yoIu can take into the cabin. But the Riviera info states you can carry on a small handbag PLUS a larger cabin bag max 10kg, 55x40x20cm.

(2) If my approved cabin-size bag ends up weighing more than 10kg, (but no more than 20kg), will I have to pay to check it into the hold?

Thank you! Better to be sure now than sorry later!
JaneC.

Riviera Travel

02 Jun 2018, 22:22  

Hi Jane.

Happy to help with your queries.

Ryanair’s policy is that you can take a cabin sized bag and a small personal bag through security with you, free of charge. You will only be permitted to take the smaller bag into the cabin, the full sized cabin bag will be tagged at the boarding gate and placed in the hold.

Your approved cabin-sized bag must way under 10kg, otherwise there is the possibility that you will be charged for an additional full sized bag to be checked into the hold.

I hope the above is clear. I appreciate it is confusing with different airlines having different policies!

Sueearly

19 Aug 2018, 10:25  

Hi, I am thinking of a solo holiday , which will be my first. I am concerned about the prospect of free time, not wishing to find myself on my own and also meals. The holidays that I am looking at do not have every meal included so I am wondering how I would avoid eating on my own.
Many thanks
Sue

Erik RivieraTravel

20 Aug 2018, 08:47  

Dear Sueearly,

Thank you for considering our solo tours and getting in touch. Here at Riviera we realise that solo travellers like the social aspect of group tours. That is why on every single solo holiday we will always have a welcome drinks reception and dinner on the first day of the tour, and where evening meals are not included our experienced tour managers can help organise local restaurant bookings to ensure that you never have to dine alone if you don't want to.

I recently went on our Normandy solo tour, and although we were all strangers on the first day, by the evening of the second we had all made friends and the tour manager helped make restaurant bookings for our groups of 4, 6 and 8 people. Don't forget that everyone will be in the same situation as a solo traveller and will be happy and eager to make new travelling companions.

If there's anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Erik.

Clairelucas

01 Jan 2019, 15:35  

Hi, can you give me an idea of group sizes on your trips? Are they similar for regular and solo departures? Thanks.

Riviera Travel

01 Jan 2019, 16:39  

Hi Claire, the group sizes are generally a little smaller on our Solo Traveller tours. The average group size is 30, but it can be a little more or less than that depending on the destination

I hope that helps?

Erik RivieraTravel

02 Jan 2019, 08:55  

Dear Clairelucas,

Our group sizes vary depending on the type of tour, but are always smaller than our regular departures. For our European tours the maximum group size is generally between 30 and 35, whilst our long haul tours are usually a little smaller. Obviously our river cruises are larger, but still half the size of a regular cruise at between 62 and 85 people (depending on the ship).

Kind regards (and a happy new year!),

Erik.

•   Information