Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

India & Shimla for Solo Travellers

Have you been on a Riviera Travel holiday for solo travelllers? You can leave your review in this forum.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Erik RivieraTravel

16 Apr 2018, 14:53  

This has been a superb and unforgettable journey thanks to the wonderful itinerary put together by Riviera, our outstanding guides Sarah and Kunal and the companionship of my fellow solo travellers. There is something for everyone here - history, culture, wildlife, art, good food, conversation - even time to relax and unwind by a pool in some luxurious hotels after a long day of exploring and travelling. The experience, enthusiasm and energy of our guides added tremendous value and everyone felt valued and looked after as an individual - no question was too small, no problem was too difficult and no-one was left out. Finally a nod to my fellow travellers (age range early 30s to mid 80s) who all had their own fascinating back stories and reasons for visiting India and who hugely enriched my experience.

For anyone considering this tour you should be prepared for some early starts, some long days of travelling and how to manage the heat but there is plenty of help and advice on hand and the faultless organisation minimises any fatigue which miraculously disappears on first seeing the Taj Mahal or a live tiger in the wild!

Go for it!

Review left in Testimonials by Graham on 10/04/2017

Erik RivieraTravel

16 Apr 2018, 14:54  

Totally agree with Grahams comments. The organisation and enthusiasm of Sarah and Kunal meant we all had an unforgettable experiance. Do not be afraid of trying a solo trip, the different interests and experiences of our group meant that everybody had something to contribute and share, leading to a bonding that made the trip even more enjoyable. Thank you Riviera and all my fellow travellers.

Review left in Testimonials by Ray Eklid on 10/04/2017

crystalbling55

29 Apr 2018, 11:12  

hi is April a good time to go to India? if not when is the best time to go ? thankyou

Erik RivieraTravel

01 May 2018, 13:57  

Dear Crystal,

All our tours to India are scheduled so that they depart at a "good" time of year for travelling. April is a warmer month down in the Gangetic Plain around Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan, but it is generally dry. Up in the hills around Shimla it's equivalent in temperature and feel to late spring / early summer in England, so very pleasant. Also our solos April departure will coincide with Vaisakh, the Hindu new year, so you may be lucky enough to see some traditional celebrations.

I hope that helps,

Erik.

Emmasteph36

13 May 2018, 16:51  

Are there many people booked on this tour yet?

Emmasteph36

13 May 2018, 16:59  

Im booked on the November 2018 India shimla tour. Are there many people booked on this tour yet?

Sandra

Riviera Travel

16 May 2018, 14:32  

Hi Sandra, yes indeed, it is fully booked with 33 fellow travellers!

Emmasteph36

08 Jun 2018, 12:21  

Are you able to tell me if anyone is travelling from Manchester International Airport?

Erik RivieraTravel

11 Jun 2018, 12:32  

Dear Sandra,

We have not purchased any connecting flights from Manchester for anyone on this tour departing in November, so we do not know of anyone travelling from there. However it is possible that people on the tour will have made their own travel arrangements and will be coming down from Manchester independently.

Best regards,

Erik.

Ariesgirl

27 Aug 2018, 14:06  

Hi. Anyone whose been before any advice on ‘must take’ items for the India and Shimla tour as starting to think what I’ll need to pack ..booked on the November 2018 tour. Thanks.

•   Information