Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First time traveller

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Erik RivieraTravel

09 Sep 2019, 13:33  

Dear Alan,

I totally understand your preference for travelling in January. Unfortunately given that it's winter in Europe most of our January departures are long haul and therefore it would be a stretch to describe them as short breaks (although it is all subjective I suppose). Hopefully as we grow and increase the number of tours on our books we'll be able to offer more January departures to nearer destinations.

With regards to the tours you mentioned I do know that there have been quite a few posts over the last few months with feedback about our Marrakesh tour (the search tab can be found by clicking the "quick links" icon at the top left of the page). You might also be able to find some info on our Berlin tour as well (my mother went last year and liked it), though you won't find anyone who's been on our Bologna tour as our first one ever doesn't depart until this October.

Alan

10 Sep 2019, 15:21  

I'll tell you what It's like, Erik, as I've booked on the trip commencing 20th October...

Erik RivieraTravel

10 Sep 2019, 15:24  

Ha ha, I'm glad to hear it. I hope you have a great time out there and am ever so slightly jealous (the office didn't think it necessary to send me out to taste test the various visits before setting up the tour).

Janice

11 Sep 2019, 16:21  

Hi Jane and Hazel,

I'm looking forward to meeting you both in Arezzo - flying from Manchester.

It's my first time on this type of holiday - quite excited actually!

Janice

ClockworkDolly

22 Sep 2019, 22:33  

Like you, I was a bit nervous. But, I have recently come back from my first Solos holiday in Lake Garda and would heartily recommend it. I loved every minute of it and I was with such a friendly group of people. Our Tour Manager, Anna was great fun too. You can dip in and out of the guided tours as you wish, there is no obligation. Free days and you can do whatever you like. I’m already planning my next Solos for 2020, I can’t wait!

Alan

23 Sep 2019, 11:18  

Anyone else going to Bologna on 20th October flying from Manchester, 11.30 am Ryanair flight?

I enjoy my food and am looking forward to"tasting" Bologna, but this will be my first holiday by myself for many years and am a little apprehensive.

Erik RivieraTravel

25 Sep 2019, 08:53  

Hi Alan,

Just to let you know there are 23 of you currently booked on our Taste of Bologna tour in October, and 11 (including yourself) are flying from Manchester.

Having just returned to the office from our Charms of the Baltics tour I can assure you that you won't be the only first-time solo traveller, and that there is generally a real feeling of camaraderie and friendship on the tours. So whilst you may be travelling solo, you won't be travelling alone.

Erik.

JulieF

09 Oct 2019, 18:53  

Hi I'm a newbie, only just joined the forum. I have been browsing the brochure and am thinking about a taster trip - Bruges in March.
I have never been on Eurostar so would look forward to that. A bit apprehensive, but will look at the chats on the forum and see if anybody else is considering the Bruges trip.

Riviera Travel

10 Oct 2019, 09:45  

Hi Julie.

Welcome!! - Many people feel a bit apprehensive when travelling solo for the first time, but not to worry you will be absolutely fine. Your tour manager will meet you at St.Pancras and you can also spot other members of the group by looking out for the Riviera Travel luggage tags on people's bags. Also, when you arrive, you will get to enjoy a nice welcome dinner where you can get to know your fellow travellers, should you wish. Plus, your tour manager will always be there to help with anything you need, without being intrusive.

Best wishes,
Rudy

JulieF

10 Oct 2019, 13:04  

Thank you. Are there still plenty of spaces available on the March to Bruges Trip?

•   Information