Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Welcome!

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Chrissie

13 Mar 2019, 14:53  

Hi Caroline

Shall just take pounds and rely on my credit/debit card then. I'm flying from Heathrow too after a long trek up from Devon!

Chris

ClockworkDolly

02 Apr 2019, 13:12  

Hello I am new to this Solo forum. I am booked to go to Lake Garda in September this year. I wondered if there were any other people booked on the same holiday?

janetg

15 Apr 2019, 07:23  

Hello, I was wondering if Riviera travel are considering Pompeii, Capri and the Bay of Naples for solo travellers. I would love this to be a future destination.

Riviera Travel

15 Apr 2019, 08:33  

Hi Janet, we would love to offer this destination, however we have not yet managed to source a hotel to the standard which we need unfortunately.

Janandden

25 Apr 2019, 13:05  

Hi ... I’m new to this game too! Looking at the Douro River cruise but November seems late in the year regarding weather!! Anyone any idea of what temperature would be? R there any dates arranged for 2020 for this holiday? So many questions !!!

Thanks
Jan

Erik RivieraTravel

25 Apr 2019, 13:16  

Dear Jan,

First of all welcome to Riviera, I hope we'll be able to help you out here on the forum. I'll try and answer your questions in order:
- November is generally quite a pleasant time to visit Portugal, with the November temperature averaging highs of 17 degrees C in Porto, and 13 in Salamanca.
- there 2020 dates for the solos only Douro cruise are already on sale, though they are also for November departures.
- however we also have 2 departures this year, on the 2nd and 9th of August, on standard Douro cruises where we have a reserved number of cabins for sole occupancy at no single supplement. Whilst the cruise will not be exclusively for solos, there will be a group of solo travellers aboard who will be seated together and go on shore excursions together.

I hope that information is of use, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Erik.

Christophene

27 May 2019, 11:43  

Hello - I've just joined this morning on the spur of the moment. I've booked a Danube River Cruise on 1st November. Now I'm panicking as in case all my fellow passengers are young and I'm the only "crumbly"!

Erik RivieraTravel

28 May 2019, 08:23  

Dear Christophene,

First of all welcome to Riviera Travel! Although it is a bit of a cliche, here in the solo traveller department we really do believe that age is just a number, and find that the shared experiences of our tours do transcend any generational gaps. But platitudes aside, I can confirm that of the current people booked on the Danube cruise along with you that you are our median passenger, in that exactly half the group are older and half are younger than you.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Kind regards,

Erik.

•   Information