Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Welcome!

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Chrissie

13 Mar 2019, 14:53  

Hi Caroline

Shall just take pounds and rely on my credit/debit card then. I'm flying from Heathrow too after a long trek up from Devon!

Chris

ClockworkDolly

02 Apr 2019, 13:12  

Hello I am new to this Solo forum. I am booked to go to Lake Garda in September this year. I wondered if there were any other people booked on the same holiday?

janetg

15 Apr 2019, 07:23  

Hello, I was wondering if Riviera travel are considering Pompeii, Capri and the Bay of Naples for solo travellers. I would love this to be a future destination.

Riviera Travel

15 Apr 2019, 08:33  

Hi Janet, we would love to offer this destination, however we have not yet managed to source a hotel to the standard which we need unfortunately.

Janandden

25 Apr 2019, 13:05  

Hi ... I’m new to this game too! Looking at the Douro River cruise but November seems late in the year regarding weather!! Anyone any idea of what temperature would be? R there any dates arranged for 2020 for this holiday? So many questions !!!

Thanks
Jan

Erik RivieraTravel

25 Apr 2019, 13:16  

Dear Jan,

First of all welcome to Riviera, I hope we'll be able to help you out here on the forum. I'll try and answer your questions in order:
- November is generally quite a pleasant time to visit Portugal, with the November temperature averaging highs of 17 degrees C in Porto, and 13 in Salamanca.
- there 2020 dates for the solos only Douro cruise are already on sale, though they are also for November departures.
- however we also have 2 departures this year, on the 2nd and 9th of August, on standard Douro cruises where we have a reserved number of cabins for sole occupancy at no single supplement. Whilst the cruise will not be exclusively for solos, there will be a group of solo travellers aboard who will be seated together and go on shore excursions together.

I hope that information is of use, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Erik.

•   Information