Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Welcome!

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Erik RivieraTravel

05 Aug 2019, 08:19  

Dear Welsh2,

First of all welcome to the Riviera solo forum. From my experience you are definitely not alone in finding it hard to find friends who can take a break from their commitments to go on a trip with - many of our travellers are in exactly the same boat.

If you are looking for a first trip to "dip your toe in the water" as it were then I would recommend one of our shorter city breaks where you can sample a taste of what we offer and how we work, without having to make a major time or financial commitment. Obviously it depends on what your interests are, but for example if you are a bit of a foodie then we have a 4-day Bologna city break which includes a visit to a balsamic vinegar maker, a parmesan cheese producer, and an organic winery - we still have space on our October departure for this tour. Staying in Italy in September we have a 4-day tour to Palermo, where you get to sample this amazing city with its melting pot of influences, from Arab and Norman, through to Spanish and Italian.

Otherwise staying a little closer to home, and accessible by Eurostar, we have 4 to 5-day tours to Bruges (September and October), Normandy (October) and Paris (November). Anyway, these are just a small sample of the tours we have on offer. If you are interested I would recommend giving our reservations team a call (on 01283 888 574) to discuss the different tours we have on offer.

I hope that is of help to you, though if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Erik.

Herrio2019

14 Aug 2019, 19:51  

Hi I’m kev , I’ve never been on a solo holiday and was thinking of doing the trip to Sri Lanka either in February or September . Does anyone know which trip would be best weather wise ... thanks

Erik RivieraTravel

15 Aug 2019, 08:27  

Hi Kev,

With regards to Sri Lanka's it can be quite subjective. February is one of the driest months for most of the island, whilst September is at the tail end of the monsoon season. That means February has the least rain, but things can be dusty and vegetation dry, whereas September has somewhat more rain (though usually in short, sharp bursts), but has the advantage of everything being lush and green following the nourishing monsoon rains.

Erik.

Herrio2019

15 Aug 2019, 13:52  

Thanks for the information , is it best to book as soon as possible as places fill up quickly ?

Erik RivieraTravel

15 Aug 2019, 14:12  

Hi Kev,

We still have plenty of places on all of our 2020 Sri Lanka departures so there's no immediate need to rush - you've got a month or two before the first departures start getting full. However the sooner you book you guarantee your price (sometimes airlines do raise their ticket costs which we, unfortunately, then have to pass on to our clients) - and if the price should decrease (which it sometimes does) then we would pass on the reduction to you.

Erik.

•   Information