Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First time

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Happygirl

11 Dec 2018, 08:45  

Hi. Thank you for that information.
On page 123 of 2019 brochure it doesn't state a Dublin departure. Also it says price based on sole occupancy of a double room.
Will you clarify this.
Kind regards

Erik RivieraTravel

11 Dec 2018, 09:14  

Dear Happygirl,

The Portugal tour with a Dublin departure is not a solo tour, but a standard one, and therefore isn't advertised in our solo brochure. I only mentioned it because you expressed an interest in Portugal and we don't have any solo Portugal tours departing from Ireland.

With regards to the price being "based on sole occupancy of a double room" that means that on all our solo tours the hotel rooms we have are standard doubles (or sometimes twins) and not a smaller single room.

I hope that helps,

Erik.

BrianW

07 Apr 2019, 14:28  

Hi...Just thought I would say hello... have booked the Deep South USA Plus Texas for solo travellers in September this year. I’m 65 and it will be my first time travelling alone since my wife passed away last March. I am really looking forward to it but a bit nervous. Anyone else going?

AgnesM

11 Jul 2019, 19:49  

Hi Brian W
I too am a first timer going to Deep South USA in September. I shall be flying from Manchester.
Excited but nervous.

Jo b

06 Aug 2019, 00:37  

Travelling next year in August on the Rhine to Switzerland... I am a solo traveller but not on the solo cruise due to working in a school and only able to travel during the school holidays...do others travel on their own on the normal cruises...my first holiday in 12years and just a little worried if I should have booked a solo one instead...anyone who has been please share experiences thank you

Riviera Travel

06 Aug 2019, 08:13  

Hi Jo,

Yes, there are others who travel solo on both our standard cruises and tours, so you will be absolutely fine! Plus, the groups we take on our tours often gel with each other extremely well and is an aspect that receives a lot of praise in customer feedback. I hope this puts your mind at ease Jo.

Best wishes,
Rudy

Jo b

06 Aug 2019, 08:31  

Thank you

Catlady69

08 Aug 2019, 14:38  

Hi to everyone on this forum. I lost my husband 16 months ago after a long and debilitating illness but had already started to travel alone as respite. The thought of doing it for the first time can seem daunting, but once the first step is taken it all becomes much easier. Even if, like myself, you don't always book solo holidays but book onto something like the river cruises people are always kind and friendly, and sometimes "adopt" you into their party. If you are friendly and outgoing to other people they almost always respond in a lovely, positive way.
It is very, very hard to deal with the loss of a long term partner, but be brave, go for it and don't feel guilty at enjoying yourself. Good luck to you all.

Life75

10 Aug 2019, 15:40  

Hi I have just joined and wanted to ask has any one been on the solo travel trip to Bethlehem? As a female travelling on own (43) is this quite a safe place for a solo traveller as It would also be my first. I have been single a long time and just at an age where I have so many places I would like to visit that I just can not wait around any longer for friends or a partner to go off and enjoy these things with. I have always wanted to go to Bethlehem so feel that is where I should start. Any advice or tips please let me know. Also any ideas on where is good to visit solo traveller in January? Its a quiet time at work just after Christmas so am considering a trip then maybe. Thanks.

Erik RivieraTravel

12 Aug 2019, 08:40  

Hi Life75,

First of all welcome to Riviera Travel, I hope we can help you with your questions, which I shall try and answer in order:
- with regards to safety on our Jerusalem, Galilee & Dead Sea tour we have not had any issues with safety, either in Israel or the West Bank on this tour (both with our standard and solos groups). Israelis and Palestinians alike are generally friendly and welcoming to visitors.
- you can read comments left by previous travellers on this tour by following this link
https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/testimo ... travellers

- as for tours in January you generally have to look further afield than Europe for a tour as the weather here isn't the most inviting then. So in January we have solo tours to Sri Lanka, South Africa, Vietnam and Cambodia, and a cruise on the Nile. Then in February we also have departures to Marrakesh, Madeira and Tenerife & La Gomera.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Erik.

•   Information