Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Nile cruise

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Nanacarlyle1

01 Feb 2019, 13:38  

I’m thinking of booking this tour but I’m a very picky eater ! Has anyone done this tour and can give me an idea what the food is like thanks

Erik RivieraTravel

04 Feb 2019, 09:25  

Dear Nanacarlyle1,

As this is a new tour starting this year it will not be possible to give you direct feedback on the food on the tour. However I can tell you that the food on board is comprised of a buffet comprising hot dishes, a salad bar and dessert stand. There is usually a rice dish, chicken, beef or lamb, fish and vegetables as well as an Egyptian dish. We also use a sister ship, with similar amenities, on our non-solo Cairo to Luxor cruise and so you can find feedback for that following the link below.

https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/testimo ... o-to-luxor

I hope that helps,

Erik.

Nanacarlyle1

04 Feb 2019, 12:04  

Thanks for that much appreciated

Starbright

11 Feb 2019, 10:30  

I'm booked on this cruise in 4 weeks' time and I'm a picky eater too! However, I have read that the cuisine on board is international, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of things I'll like to eat. Everyone says the bread in Egypt is delicious, so if needs be I could even live on that - I love bread. Sure it won't be necessary though.

Nanacarlyle1

12 Apr 2019, 19:29  

Just got back from solo Nile cruise had the most amazing time it was all i wanted and more. The other solo travellers were a great bunch and good fun. My main worry was the food but that was unfounded as the menu was fantastic,as was the crew, they would do anything to please. All the places we went were brilliant and our guide Salah was very impressive, gud fun and would go the extra mile for us. This was my first cruise and I would recommend this to all solos :)

TravelFan

12 Apr 2019, 19:33  

Thanks for the review, I’m really hoping this cruise will be on offer next year too!

•   Information