Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

solo tour

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

lovestotravel01

18 Mar 2019, 20:01  

Hi There,

Was wondering if in the future California and the Golden West will be offered as a solo tour, have always wanted to visit this part of the USA but would prefer to go on a tour offered for solos. Thanks

Erik RivieraTravel

18 Mar 2019, 23:08  

Dear Lovestotravel,

We are actually hoping to make a solo version of California and the Golden West from next year onward. It is yet to be confirmed, but hopefully in the next month or so we shall know for sure.

mikew

01 Jul 2019, 09:35  

Hi Eric,
I too would be interested in a solo version of California and the Golden West tour. But, like so many similar itineraries offered by various companies, I see that the current ‘standard’ tour only allows for 2 nights (realistically about a day and a half) in San Francisco. Would you consider increasing the length of the tour to include at least one extra night in SF? I’m sure that 2 nights is nowhere near sufficient to fully appreciate this unique city and would love to stay longer here. Alternatively, could you offer an extension to the main tour to facilitate a longer stay in SF?

Many thanks
Mike

Erik RivieraTravel

01 Jul 2019, 09:50  

Dear Mike,

You are right in surmising that our California and the Golden West tour for solos will have an identical itinerary to our "standard" tour (it should be going on sale in the coming month or so). Whilst the itinerary has been improved for 2020 (have you seen the new itinerary on our website?) the number of nights we stay in San Francisco remains 2. I can appreciate you may wish to see many more things whilst there, which is why there is also the possibility of purchasing the tour as a "land only" option, where you get a discount on the price of the tour but buy your flight tickets independently. Since the tour ends in San Francisco you can therefore decide to stay as many extra days as you wish and fly back in your own time (perhaps stopping off in New York or somewhere else along the way).

I hope that is of interest to you, and if so then please call our reservations team when the tour goes on sale to discuss your options.

Kind regards,

mikew

01 Jul 2019, 11:55  

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the information. I’ll definitely take a look at the 2020 itinerary and give some thought to staying on in San Francisco at the end of the tour.

Cheers
Mike

•   Information