Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Vietnam and Cambodia March 2019

Have you been on a Riviera Travel holiday for solo travelllers? You can leave your review in this forum.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

Chris

02 Apr 2019, 04:01  

I have just read a review from Helen in Edinburgh on the website for this solo tour. I have to say I totally disagree with her. This tour is incredible and I am now on my last day. I will be writing in much more detail on my return.

Chris

03 Apr 2019, 15:02  

To continue my review, I have now returned to the UK after the tour. It was spectacular and it is not in the least overpriced as someone implied. So much is included. The meals provided by the company are the correct number. It gives everyone the opportunity to choose other restaurants or eat in the hotel, or even to miss out as lunches were often enough for the day. Criticism about not being able to get into the rooms is totally unfair. Riviera Travel is neither responsible for the flight schedule of Vietnam Airlines, nor the check in policy of the hotels. In fact, through negotiation, Lorenza was able to get us into our rooms two hours early. As for the comment about having to leave Angkor too early, this was also totally unfair. Not only could lunch be skipped but everyone had the opportunity to return later by tuk tuk. Most of us greatly appreciated the very hard work of our guide Lorenza. She did even more than she needed to, such as taking us out at each resort to find our way round and she did her utmost to accommodate all requests. The places we visited will stay with the group for many years. It was also interesting to see how people who have so little are still very happy, in many cases much more so than in the west. The visit to the floating village if it is possible is a must. A fabulous 15 days I will long remember. If you are thinking of going, take the plunge!

•   Information