Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

First Time Travelling Solo

Discuss Riviera's solo holidays, talk about travel in general, share tips and read reviews.

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

ClockworkDolly

02 Apr 2019, 13:20  

Hello all.

This is my first time travelling solo and am a bit nervous to be honest, as I am sure many of you were the first time you tried it.

I understand, from my telephone conversations with Riviera, that we will all be meeting at the airport we are flying out from - Gatwick in my case - and that Riviera give us luggage labels to put on our bags, so that we are able to recognise fellow travellers.

Can anyone tell me what their first experience of travelling solo was like, please?

Jan278

12 Apr 2019, 19:04  

Hi, don’t be nervous, Riviera look after us all very, very well. So well in fact it’s like one big family.
My first trip was to South Africa, well organised and friendly. Some of us chatted on the forum and met at the airport. The rep was at the gate on the lookout for us and everyone was easily identified by the hand baggage label.
Before we knew it we were all getting to know each other and lots of us are still in touch even now. Relax, go with the flow and have a great time.

•   Information