Riviera Travel - Solo Traveller Forum

Composition of Group

Ask the Riviera Travel team questions about the holidays, your booking or solo travel in general

Moderators: Riviera Travel, Erik RivieraTravel

DianaDee

27 Jun 2019, 18:27  

On a Riviera Solo Traveller Holiday, will everybody be a solo traveller?
Or are the solo people sort of mixed in with couples and groups of friends?

Erik RivieraTravel

28 Jun 2019, 08:16  

Dear Diana,

Thank you for your question. On our solo tours we do not allow couples or groups of more than two friends to travel together (although hopefully by the end of the tour you will have made plenty of new friends). Therefore our tours are comprised exclusively of solo travellers.

Similarly we have a few other little additions on our solo tours that don't exist on our standard tours to make the experience more tailored to the solo traveller:
- there will always be a drinks reception and dinner on the first night of the tour so that you can get to know your fellow travellers (sometimes if we arrive late to the hotel this may be postponed to the second evening).
- we will always have a representative on hand at the UK departure airport to help with the check in process should you need it.
- and all our rooms are doubles or twins for sole occupancy, rather than an actual single room with a small, single bed.

I hope that puts your mind at ease, though should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Erik.

DianaDee

28 Jun 2019, 20:49  

Thank you Erik for your speedy reply.
One reason I asked my question was because on your Solo European Cruises, the ships featured had only a small number of single cabins. (Most of the accommodation being twin / double rooms.) Forgive me if I'm being a bit stupid, but does that mean that most of the solo travellers in the 'group' will be accommodated in double rooms?

Riviera Travel

29 Jun 2019, 09:14  

Good morning Diana

Hopefully I can clear everything up for you

Our European River Cruise ships are 100% double rooms.

On our standard sailings we offer a number of these with no single supplement

Then we have a selection of cruises where you can travel as part of a group of around 20 people on one of these cruises - so the rest of the ship would be a mix of couples, friends, groups etc

Finally we have our Solo Traveller Exclusive cruises where every cabin is sold as sole occupancy and therefore everyone on the ship is a solo traveller.

Does that help?

Have a lovely day!

DianaDee

30 Jun 2019, 23:16  

Thanks for your very clear reply.
That's helpful.
I now know which holiday to book.
Hope you too have a lovely day.

•   Information